1. C: Who is the most important person in your country now?
W1:I have to say George Bush is the most important person right now.
W2: The most important people in my country are definitely professional athletes.
2. C: Who are the most popular actor and actress in your country?
W: I think Brad Pitt is the most popular actor and Angelina Jolie is the most popular actress.
3. C: Who is the best singer?
W1:That depends on what kind of music you like.
W2:I love Ricky Martin. I think he's the best singer.
4. C: What is your country famous for?
W1: My country is famous for it's champagne. You can enjoy first-class champagne in France.
W2: The U.S.A. is famous for its big companies.
They are known all over the world.
W3: My country is famous for its natural beauty.
There aren't many people in my country but there is a lot of beautiful scenery.
5. C: What is the best/worst city in your country? Why?
W1: Miami is the best city. It has beautiful beaches and warm weather all year round. Los Angeles is the worst city. There are too many cars and the air is terrible.
W2:New York is the best city. It's the most international city in the world. But some people think it is also the worst city because it is crowded and dangerous.
6. C: What are the most interesting tourist sights for visitors to your country?
W: Most people like to visit Disney World. Las Vegas, New York and San Francisco are also very exciting and popular.
7. C: What are the most popular vacation places for people in your country?
W:People in my country like to travel everywhere. They love seeing new places.
8. C: What is the most popular sport in your country?
W: Americans are crazy about football. But, it's very different from soccer.
9. C: What is the most famous newspaper in your country?
W1: There are many famous newspapers. A lot of people like the USA Today and the Wall Street Journal.
W2: The New York Times is definitely the most famous newspaper.
10. C: What is the most popular food in your country?
W1: There are lots of popular foods, but almost everyone loves pizza and fried chicken.
W2: A lot of people are crazy about Chinese food.
11. C: Tell me something about your country.
W1: The U.S.A. is a big and exciting country. You should come and see it for yourself someday.
W2: France is famous for its fashion, art and wine. Paris is extremely romantic.
W3: England has a long and interesting history. London is one of the most exciting cities in the world.
12. C: What is your hometown known/famous for?
W1: My hometown is well-known for oranges.
W2: My hometown hosted the Olympics last year.
W3: My hometown is the center of car manufacturing.
13. C: What do people think of China in your country?
W1: George Bush thinks that China is our competitor; Bill Clinton thinks that China is our strategic partner. Most Americans agree with Mr. Clinton.
W2: People think China is a mysterious place.
W3: Lots of people are interested in China, but they don't know much about it.
14. W: What do you think of the U.S.A.?
C1: The U.S.A. is leading the world in almost every field. It attracts talents from all over the world. Actually, I'm planning to go there soon.
C2: Americans have too much freedom. Sometimes it makes the country hard to manage.
C3: The U.S.A. has so much to be discovered and so much to be learned.
15. C: How do you like your hometown?
W1: I live in Los Angeles, California. We have unshine all year round. I love it.
W2: My hometown is too small. It has no future.
I want to get out.
16. C: How do you like your hometown?
C1: My hometown is very famous. Many important Chinese leaders are from my hometown.
C2: Although my hometown is very poor, I love
it. I miss it very much. I'm the only student who ever went to college.