1. Meeting Guests at the Airport机场迎接
A: Excuse me, are you Mr. Hansen, the manager of the Australian volleyball team?
A: I'm Wang Chuan, Vice-President of the China Volleyball Association. Nice to meet you, and welcome to China.
B: Nice to meet you, too. Thank you for coming to meet us.
A: It's my pleasure. How was your trip?
B: It was pleasant all the way.
How many volleyball teams have arrived in Beijing?
A: Nine teams have arrived and some have already started training.
B: So soon? By the way, where do we pick up the luggage?
A: This way, please. After that, we'll drive you to the Friendship Hotel.
B: Do we have anything planed for this evening?
A: Yes. We are going to have a meeting for team managers and coaches at eight o'clock this evening in the hotel.
2. Saying Goodbye送别
A: Thank you for coming to see us off.
B: It's my pleasure. Your team did well in the game. It showed great skill and good sportsmanship. Congratulations!
A: Thank you! And thank you so much for everything.
B: We hope you had a good time in Beijing.
A: We sure did. We had a great time! Everything was just fine.
B: Have you got everything packed?
A: Yes, we are ready to go.
B: Okay. We have a VIP car ready for the manager of your team. All the team members can take the bus, and all your luggage will go in a special van.
A: Thank you. It sounds great.
B: So, I must say goodbye to you, and have a good trip!
A: Thank you. Good-bye!
3. Questions and Answers in Venues体育场馆内常用语
1. A: Where are the dressing rooms, please?
B: At the end of this corridor.
2. A: Would you please tell me how to get to the toilet?
B: Just follow the sign, please.
3. A: I am going to compete. Show me the way to the venue, please.
B: Down the corridor and enter the gate with the sign.
4. A: Hi, we are the Chinese National Team and want to know where to gather before the match.
B: How many of you? Please go ahead to foyer No.1.
5. A: May we warm up at the match court before the game starts?
B: Yes, you may, till 8:30. The match starts at 9:00.
6. A: Excuse me, please put all the metal objects in the box and walk through here for security check.
B: What else shall I do?
A: Nothing more. Thank you for your cooperation.